6. How it works - Offers6.1. Availing an offer on in-store and take-away purchases6.2. Terms of in-store and take-away offer redemption6.3. Food & Drink Offers6.4. Beauty & Health6.5. Fun & Leisure and Retail & Services Offers
14. Customer Privacy 15. Visitor material and conduct 16. Payment Methods 17. Validity of Urban Point data 18. Governing Law 19. Enforcement 20. Contribution License 21. Links to and from other websites 22. Intellectual Property Ownership 23. Limitation of Liability 24. Indemnity 25. Disclaimer
2. Acceptance of this Agreement By downloading the Urban Point mobile application (“App”) and registering an account or using the Urban Point website www.urbanpoint.com (“Website” or “Site”), you hereby acknowledge that you understand and agree to the Terms of Service stated and referenced here for the Urban Point Website and App (the “Platform”).
3. Description of the Services Urban Point is a mobile Platform that connects Customers with local businesses (the “Service”) including but not limited to restaurants, salons, spas, hotels, and retailers (“Merchants”, “Partners”, "Outlets", or “Stores”) by providing valuable offers for dine-in and take-away to Customers from those Outlets through our Platform. By using our Service, you acknowledge that you understand and accept that Urban Point is not a delivery company, restaurant or retailer and that Urban Point is therefore liable neither for the quality of the products or services provided by our Partners nor the content that they publish on our platform or other platforms as we do not independently verify their information. At its core, Urban Point is a savings App that has offers for dine-in and take-away from its Partners. In-store and takeaway offers are referred to as “Offers”. Urban Point Partners provide the offers and Urban Point through its mobile app enables access to the offers.
4. Modifications & Additional T&CsBy using our Service, you confirm that you have read and agree to the Terms of Service as well as to any future updates or modifications to the present Terms, which will be published on the Website from time to time. Should there be any doubts or unanswered questions in these Terms of Service, you also acknowledge that the Terms would be in line with the industry norms and standards of the largest players in the market.
5. Termination Urban Point may terminate this agreement at any time and reserves the right to terminate a Customer account should it observe any misuse or abuse of the App, our Services, or our Partners.
6. How it works - Offers
6.1. To avail an offer on in-store and takeaway purchases, follow these steps:
(1) Tell the merchant staff before you order that you will use Urban Point. Check that the offers apply to what you intend to purchase.(2) When you ask for the bill, present to the staff the in-app offer that you want to use.(3) The staff with either give or tell you the Merchant pin to use the offer by entering it into your App and then will apply the discount with the confirmation code that will subsequently appear on your mobile. You must present the confirmation code in order to receive the discounted or free service or product.
6.2. Terms of in-store and take-away offer redemption
The purpose of the App is to enable Users of the App to access offers or other information from third-party Merchants. Merchant offers are negotiated between Urban Point and the Merchants, and their offers are presented to the Users of the Urban Point mobile App who have access.
Please read and understand these Terms of Service before redeeming Urban Point offers:a. All offers are subject to restrictions listed under the “Details & Exclusions” section of the offer page inside the App.b. Offers are not valid in conjunction with other special promotions, discounts, specials, or loyalty programs.c. Offers should be presented prior to payment or requesting the bill.d. Offers are valid seven days a week unless specified on the Offer. Minimal exclusion days apply.e. Offers apply only to the Items/Services and location(s) specified on the offer and not to Service charges or gratuities.f. All offers are valid until the expiry date that is specified on each offer page inside the App.g. In-store Offers are not valid on the following Black Out days: Eid Al Fitr, Eid Al Adha, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Valentine’s Day and Qatar National Day, Qatar National Sports Day, Diwali and any other official public holidays. It is up to the Merchant’s discretion to allow Offers on these days. In these cases, call ahead and ask if they are accepting Urban Point vouchers on these Black Out days. The only exception would be for Offers that are specifically designed for holidays such as “Eid Buffet” and as would be stated on the Offer Page. In the case of beauty salons, Merchants have the right to refuse offers in the 5 days prior to either Eid holiday due to high demand for their services during those times.h. Urban Point is not liable in the case that the merchant location is closed.i. Urban Point offer rules specific to each offer category are detailed below.j. Urban Point offers are of two types; namely, Primary and Secondary, which are detailed below per category.
6.3. Food & Drink Offers
(1) Food & Drink PRIMARY OFFERS have 2 types:
(a) Food & Drink Primary Offers - Type 1 Examples:"Buy 1 Main Menu Item Get 1 Free""Buy 1 Main Course Get 1 Free""Buy 1 Buffet Get 1 Free""Buy 1 Appetizer Get 1 Free"
Type 1 may be used with a minimum of 2 people:Number of people: 2 -> Number of Offers: 1Number of people: 3 -> Number of Offers: 1Number of people: 4 -> Number of Offers: 2Number of people: 5 -> Number of Offers: 2Number of people: 6 -> Number of Offers: 3Number of people: 7 -> Number of Offers: 3Number of people: 8 -> Number of Offers: 4Number of people: 9 -> Number of Offers: 4
(b) Food & Drink Primary Offers - Type 2 Examples:
"Buy 1 Beverage Get 1 Free""Buy 1 Dessert Get 1 Free"
Food & Drink Primary Offers - Type 2 may be used by a single person for takeaway, and the number used per visit is up to the discretion of the Merchant. In the case of dine-in, the Merchant will decide if offers are allowed to be used by a single person or not.
(2) Food & Drink SECONDARY OFFERS are of the structure "buy something and get something of equal or lesser value for free."
Examples:"Buy 1 Main Course Get Dessert and Drink Free""Buy 1 Main Course Get Appetizer Free""Buy 1 Dessert Get Hot Beverage Free"
Food & Drink Secondary Offers may be used by a single person, and the number used per visit is up to the discretion of the Merchant.
In the case of a dispute, the bill must be settled as per local law. Relevant parties will be contacted for resolution.
a. The least expensive item (as listed on the Offer) will be deducted from the total bill.b. In the case of Primary Offers or Secondary Offers where the offer is “Buy 1 Get 1” of the same thing, the two items must be from the same category as marked on the Offer; e.g., buy one “main course” and get one “main course” free; or buy one “appetizer” and get one “appetizer” free, for example. c. Only one bill will be presented per table. No splitting of bills will be allowed.d. Offers are valid solely for the item listed and are not valid for special events (e.g. Iftar, Suhoor, buffets, brunches, theme nights, special menus) – unless otherwise indicated on the Offer Page’s “Details and Exclusions.”e. Offers are not valid for takeaway unless otherwise indicated on the Offer.f. A Main Course/Main Menu Item is defined as the main element of a customer’s breakfast, lunch or dinner – i.e., not a starter or a dessert. Urban Point does not legislate for the specific layout/design of a merchant’s menu. If in doubt, clarify with the customer before ordering.g. Customers must present their subscribed Urban Point app in order to avail the offer.h. No voucher can be redeemed through phone or 3rd party.i. Offers are valid 24/7 except for blackout days, which are Eid Al Fitr, Eid Al Adha, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve, New Year's Day, Valentine's Day, Diwali, Qatar National Day, and Qatar National Sports Day. j. n the case of special one-day-a-week theme brunches, for example, check the Details & Exclusion section on each Offer page inside the app for further details on specific offer validity.
6.4. Beauty & Health Offers
(1) Beauty & Health - Primary Offer Examples:“Buy 1 Massage Get 1 Free”“Buy 1 Manicure Get 1 Free”“Buy 1 Beard Trim Get 1 Free”“Buy 1 Dental Cleaning Get 1 Free”“Buy 1 Gym Membership Get 1 Free”
(2) Beauty & Health - Secondary Offer Examples:
“Buy 1 Hair Cut Get 1 Beard Trim Free”“Buy 1 Dental Scaling Get 1 Checkup Free”“Buy 1 BMI Consultation Get 1 Personal Training Session Free”“Buy 1 Gym Entry Get 1 Pool Pass Free”
a. Beauty & Health offers can be used by one or two people.b. Offers used by couples or groups require a confirmed advance reservation by the Merchant. Offers that are redeemed by a single person require payment on the first visit. The complimentary service may be redeemed within 3 months, but it may vary depending on the merchant. Ask the merchant about its terms before using the offer to avoid any confusion.c. All offers are subject to the availability of appointments at the merchant, and appointments must be booked in advance.d. Customer must pay full price on 1st visit.e. Complimentary vouchers are valid only for the person who redeemed the first service.f. In the case of a dispute, the bill must be settled as per local law. Relevant parties will be contacted for resolution.g. All discount offers only apply specifically to the items mentioned in the offer, and do not apply to other Services offered by the merchant.h. The least expensive item as listed on the Offer will be deducted from the total bill.i. In cases where the offer is “Buy 1, Get 1” of the same thing, the two items must be from the same category as marked on the Offer; e.g., buy one “massage” and get one “massage” free; or buy one “hair treatment” and get one “hair treatment” free, for example. j. Only one bill will be presented per visit. No splitting of bills will be allowed.k. Offers are valid solely for the item listed and are not valid for special events otherwise specified. Refer to the Offer Page’s “Details and Exclusions” for offer-specific conditions.l. Offers are not valid for takeaway unless otherwise indicated on the Offer.m. Urban Point does not legislate for the specific layout/design of a merchant’s menu. If in doubt, clarify with the customer before starting the service.n. Customers must subscribe to the Urban Point app in order to avail the offer or have received a gift offer from someone who is subscribed.o. Offers cannot be redeemed on a phone call or by a 3rd party and cannot be combined with other offers.p. Offers are valid 24/7 except for blackout days. Blackout days are Eid Al Fitr, Eid Al Adha, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve, New Year's Day, Valentine's Day, Diwali, Qatar National Day, and Qatar National Sports Day. q. In addition, beauty salons have the right to refuse in the 5 days prior to any Eid holiday because of the high demand for their services during that time. Be sure to call the merchant in advance to ask if they're accepting Urban Point offers during those 5 days prior to Eid.r. In the case of special one-day-a-week special offers, for example, check the Details & Exclusion section on each offer page inside the app for further details on specific offer validity.
6.5 Fun & Leisure and Retail & Services Offers
Fun & Leisure and Retail & Services Primary Offer Examples:“Buy 1 Swimming Session Get 1 Free”“Buy 1 Day Pass Get 1 Free”“Buy 1 Game Get 1 Free”“Buy QAR 100 Top-up get QAR 100 Free”“Buy 1 Single Entry Pass Get 1 Free”“Buy 1 Room Night Get 1 Free”“Buy 1 KG Dates Get 1 KG Dates Free”
(2) Fun & Leisure and Retail & Services Secondary Offer Examples:
“Buy 1 Dozen Flowers Get 1 Box of 12 Chocolates Free”“Buy 1 Suit Get 1 Shirt Free”“Buy 1 1 KG Coffee Get 1 KG Dates Free”“Buy 1 Gym Entry Get 1 Pool Pass Free”
a. Offers can be used by one or two people.b. If a customer uses an offer for him or herself, it is up to the discretion of the merchant to determine within how many months the customer may redeem the free service. Generally, it is within 3 months, but it may vary depending on the merchant.c. Appointments must be booked in advance.d. Customer must pay full price on 1st visit.e. Complimentary vouchers valid only for the person who redeemed the first service.f. In the case of a dispute, the bill must be settled as per local law. Relevant parties will be contacted for resolution.
HOTEL ROOM NIGHTS
a. Offers are not valid for online bookings via hotel websites or any third-party website; rather, offers are valid only for bookings made directly by calling or emailing the hotel.b. Prior to arrival, reservations must be made directly with the hotel and are not valid for walk-in.c. The hotel offer is subject to the availability of rooms allocated to the Urban Point promotion at the time of booking.d. The hotel offer is valid for all room categories, however, it may not apply to certain rooms and it is at the hotel’s discretion. Any specific exclusions or inclusions are mentioned on the offer page under “What you need to know”.e. The hotel offer applies to the room-only rate excluding breakfast unless otherwise specified on the hotel offer.f. Public Holidays, special events, and seasonal restrictions may apply.g. All bookings are subject to the standard payment and cancellation policies with the hotel.h. The hotel offer does not apply to corporate, group, or conference rates or travel agency bookings & may not be combined with other discount offers or programs including rates on third-party travel or daily websites.i. The offer is valid for new bookings and does not apply to any existing booking where a deposit or payment has been made.j. Hotel rates are quoted in local currency or as specified by the hotel.k. A limit of one hotel offer per room booked may be used. A maximum of one night will be complimentary per room booked.l. The offer’s complimentary night may only be used consecutively with the night purchased.m. For selected hotels and only if specified on the hotel offer, a 20% off the best available rates will apply for additional nights after using the Buy-1-Get-1-Free.n. Offer does not include air travel, hotel transfers or other inclusions unless otherwise specified on the hotel offer.o. All bookings are subject to the applicable Hotel’s standard reservations, payments & cancellations policies. Before finalizing a reservation, please review the hotel’s policy on advance deposits, cancellations, and late arrival guarantees. Urban Point assumes no responsibility for each hotel’s management policies.
ADDITIONAL T&Cs for Fun & Leisure and Retail & Services offersa. The least expensive item as listed on the Offer will be deducted from the total bill. b. In cases where the offer is “Buy 1, Get 1” of the same thing, the two items must be from the same category as marked on the Offer; e.g., buy one “game” and get one “game” free; or buy one “day pass” and get one “day pass” free, for example. c. Only one bill will be presented per visit. No splitting of bills will be allowed.d. Offers are valid solely for the item listed and are not valid for special events otherwise specified. Refer to the Offer Page’s “Details and Exclusions” for offer-specific conditions. e. Offers are not valid for takeaway unless otherwise indicated on the Offer.f. Urban Point does not legislate for the specific layout/design of a merchant’s menu. If in doubt, clarify with the customer before starting the service.g. Customers must subscribe to the Urban Point app in order to avail of the offer or have received a gift offer from someone who is subscribed. h. Offers cannot be redeemed on a phone call or by a 3rd party and cannot be combined with other offers.i. Offers are valid 24/7 except for blackout days. Blackout days are Eid Al Fitr, Eid Al Adha, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve, New Year's Day, Valentine's Day, Diwali, Qatar National Day, and Qatar National Sports Day. j. In the case of special one-day-a-week special offers, for example, check the Details & Exclusion section on each offer page inside the app for further details on specific offer validity.
7. Membership Urban Point has free and paid memberships. It is free to browse the Urban Point App. However, accessing Offers on in-store and takeaway requires a paid membership, which may be purchased via credit card, debit card or with monthly mobile billing. It may also be acquired for free as part of certain Ooredoo mobile plans in Qatar.
8. Who can use this App The App is available for use by anyone in Qatar aged 13 or over. If you are under 13, you must not use this App. If you are not in Qatar you can use it, but probably won't get much out of doing so – as all of the Merchant Offers are specific to particular parts of Qatar.
9. Member Responsibilities, Rules & Prohibitions Below are Customer responsibilities and similarly the rules and prohibitions to which you agree by using the Service:
a. You will not use the Service in any unlawful manner, violate any laws, store any unlawful material for deceptive or fraudulent purposes, and you will not act in a way that harms other Customers, Urban Point employees, our Partners or our community. b. You will use the Service in accordance with applicable laws regarding copyright, trade secrets, privacy, publicity rights and other rights of Urban Point, its affiliates, employees, and any third party. c. You will not misuse the Service to cause inconvenience, annoyance, offence or nuisance. d. You will not use any assets, collaterals or information of the Service for commercial purposes unless allowed by Urban Point in writing and will not copy any content displayed through the Service including third party data for commercial or harmful use. e. You will provide accurate information to us for using the Service and will notify us immediately of any changes to that information. You will also be responsible for keeping your login credentials confidential. f. You will not use the Services in any way that could overburden, damage or impair any Urban Point server, or the networks connected to any Urban Point server. g. You will not test, scan or probe the vulnerability of any system or network or breach or circumvent any security or authentication measures Urban Point may use to prevent or restrict access to the Services.h. You will not try to mistreat the Services or our community in any way and if upon discovering that it has happened, Urban Point reserves the right to close your account at our sole discretion. i. Urban Point has the right to evaluate the conduct of members. If it observes any misconduct or misuse, Urban Point reserves the right, in its sole discretion to end the membership of the Customer, and any unlawful behavior will be subject to local law enforcement.j. Customers must notify Urban Point of any change to their account data in writing to moc.tniopnabru%40selimsremotsuc so that Urban Point can update that information accordingly and to prevent interruption in the service.
10. Merchants responsible for Merchant Offers and Products
10.1. Merchant informationInformation about Merchant Offers is not a recommendation or statement of opinion by Urban Point in relation to a product, Service or third-party provider and is not intended to be investment, financial product, legal, taxation or other advice by Urban Point.
Merchant Offers and content are not provided or endorsed by Urban Point; rather, Urban Point promotes Merchant content and Offers so that you can know about them in an attempt to benefit you and the Merchants you might enjoy patronizing. Your use of Merchant Offers will be on the terms agreed between you and the relevant Store. You must read these Terms of Service and make your own inquiries with the relevant merchant directly before entering into a transaction in relation to a Merchant Offer. Urban Point has no liability or responsibility to you for any of the Goods or Services that are the object of any Merchant Offer.
Urban Point may receive fees and/or commissions from third parties for Merchant Offers, content, and ordering. You acknowledge and consent to Urban Point receiving those fees.
10.2. Merchant photosMerchant photos are in some cases for illustrative purposes only when the Merchant does not provide Urban Point with their artworks for whatever reason.
11. Location information requiredIn order to provide you with offers that are relevant to where you are, the App requires that you provide it with information about the location of your device. At present, it does so using the GPS location functionality in your device.
If you do not agree to the App accessing that location information, or turn off the GPS functionality in your device, the App may not be able to provide you with offers that are applicable to your location, or may present you with offers that are not available at your location.
12. App and Merchant Offer performance trackingThe App uses mobile App performance tracking functionality to monitor the performance of the App and Merchant Offers in the App, and to identify any potential performance issues with the App or those Merchant Offers.
13. Downloading and using the App may incur data and registration chargesYou may incur data charges when you download or use the App from your smartphone. Whether or not you incur data charges will depend upon your mobile service plan.
14. Customer privacy Urban Point may collect, store, use and disclose information about you and your interests, for purposes deemed necessary, in line with local regulations. In case of law infringement, Urban Point reserves the right to disclose any personal information if requested by the law enforcement authorities when presented with a warrant.
By signing up on the Urban Point platform, customers consent to receive promotional messages from Urban Point including, but not limited to, SMS, Push, and Email.
16. Payment Methods
Customers may pay by credit card or debit card to purchase a membership, and Urban Point reserves the right to change payment method options for its Customers. Card data would be stored by external online payment providers only if the Customer gives his or her consent. When purchasing a membership, it is the Customer's responsibility to ensure that the method being used has sufficient funds for the transaction amount.
17. Validity of Urban Point data
In the case of a dispute, the Customer agrees, states and warrants that any Urban Point records and data are valid, binding and exclusive. The Customer therefore waives any objections to our records.
20. Contribution License
By using the Service and making any contributions to reviews, feedback or the like, you grant Urban Point an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free, fully-paid, worldwide license to use, copy, publicly perform, publicly display, reformat, translate, excerpt (in whole or in part) and distribute such contributions for any purpose, commercial, advertising, or otherwise, on or in connection with the website or the promotion thereof, to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such contributions, and to grant and authorize sub licenses of the foregoing.
Urban Point has the right, in our sole and absolute discretion, to (i) edit, redact or otherwise change any contributions, (ii) re-categorize any contributions to place them in more appropriate locations or (iii) pre-screen or delete any contributions that are determined to be inappropriate or otherwise in violation of this Agreement.”
21. Links to and from other websites
Urban Point is not responsible whatsoever for the contents of any third-party websites to whom we may link with the Urban Point Website, and visiting any such websites is therefore at your own risk.
22. Intellectual Property Ownership
All intellectual property rights in this App and website belong to Urban Point. You must not do anything with the App which is not expressly authorized under these Terms of Service.
23. Limitation of Liability
This App is provided “as is”. While Urban Point will use reasonable care in providing the App and website to you, Urban Point can't guarantee that the App and website will always be free from faults. Urban Point doesn't make any warranties about this App or your use of it. To the extent permitted by law, Urban Point excludes all liability arising from or in connection with this App. Urban Point is responsible for the App. Ooredoo, Apple or Google has no obligation to provide support for the App or to address any claims relating to the App. However, Ooredoo, Apple, or Google and their subsidiaries are third-party beneficiaries of these Terms of Service.
Urban Point shall not be liable to the Customer, whether due to breach of applicable law or otherwise for any loss, damage, or liability incurred or sustained by the Customer caused by or as a result of using the Services. To the extent permitted by law, Urban Point provides this App and content on an “as is” and “as available” basis. Furthermore, Urban Point makes no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the content or availability of our App and this website, or that it will be timely or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the site or server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components.”
By using the Service, you agree to indemnify and hold Urban Point, its affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, agents, officers, directors, or other employees harmless from any claim, demand, or damage (whether direct, indirect, or consequential), including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by anyone in connection with your use of the Service, with your submissions, with any alleged infringement of intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity relating to the site, your violation of these Terms of Service, and any other acts or omissions relating to the site.
You agree that your use of the Platform and Services is entirely at your own risk. Changes are periodically made to the Platform and Services and may be made at any time without notice to you. The Platform and Services are provided on an “as is” basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Urban Point makes no warranties or representations about the accuracy, reliability, completeness or timeliness of the content made available through the Platform or Services, or the Services, Platform, text, graphics or links.
Urban Point does not warrant that the Platform or Services will operate error-free or that the Platform or Services are free of computer viruses and other harmful malware. If your use of the Platform or Services results in the need for servicing or replacing equipment or data, urban point shall not be responsible for those economic costs. Urban Point is also not responsible or liable should a restaurant be closed.